Thursday, February 28, 2013

4 Paintings Part 2 "Cowboy"

With this one I made a more deliberate use of overlapping and repetition. I was also keenly aware of the negative shapes that were created with the figure--and the new interesting forms that were created by the overlapping and repetition.
This was also really fun--I would like to do more of these. I also am fascinated by looking at it all four different ways besides the way I painted it with the cowboys head at the top. Upside down makes for some really fascinating shapes, almost a waterfall sort of effect.
We turned the piece all different directions during our class critique.
The first photo is as I painted it:


On the side is interesting also--but I feel it may need it's mirror image for balance. It looks sort of like a reflection in water.


Other side:



And then upside down--sort of a waterfall feel, except flowing upwards :

No comments: