Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Start

I have renamed my blog, as I am taking it in a new direction. I will be focusing on my new journey in my career as I have returned to school to cut and facet my skills. I'm very excited about the process and have been enjoying the unfurling. To set aside your ego as much as possible and approach an opportunity to grow in new ways...humbly, yet with the confidence of past experience, is a breath of fresh air, and mind-blowing...like stripping a building down to it's core foundations and starting all over. It's about allowing. Allowing and not in resistance. There's excitement in knowing that anything can be possible. I have had a great deal of experience in creating art in many different forms. But in the here and now...TODAY, to walk into a classroom...with a mindset that is open and fresh as if it were my first art class ever...is one of the most amazing and refreshing experiences I have ever had! I have now been able to carry that mindset into my own studio as well. There may be some pain in moving through territories that are uncharted--especially when your ego wants and demands some ideal of perfection. But sometimes the desire for perfection can kill the joy that is inherent in creating art and in growing in life. I realize now that it doesn't all have to be perfect...a little messy is real and acceptable, and beautiful in it's own way...and it doesn't have to be perfect to bring joy, happiness, and expansion. I would now rather do it "messy" and be growing, than be doing it "perfect", and feel nothing for it.

No comments: