Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Drawings

Some drawing assignments from Fundamental Drawing class.
This first one was done in class. Striped fabric wrapped around a metal easel. I really wanted to play with the push and pull of the darks and lights--between the objects and the background. I think I could have gone a bit darker with some areas, but I was still pleased with this one.


This one was to be rendered by the use of line only--no shading. I really liked all the deep tones of the green peppers--the dark tones would sort of facet--getting deeper and wider, then suddenly thinner and closer to the surface. I wanted to somehow portray these changes in tone, so I thought of curving lines recreating these shapes as much as possible. I was pleased with how they turned out.


Getting really good pictures of these drawings isn't very easy.

This one is a negative space drawing. You could only draw the space around an object. You look at the outside edge--at spaces between--spaces between objects (or the area/space around an object) that help make up the object. A fun drawing to do.



This was another fabric drawing--but you could not use shading--you could use thick and thin line only to show depth.

No comments: